Friday 25 May 2012

Open House

This weekend the Artists open houses that have been a part of the Brighton Festival for the past few years come to a close. Started as an opportunity for local artists and craftspeople to show and sell their work, the open houses have grown into a major event attracting many professional people. For the first time I had a go at showing some work. My friend Milady invited me to put some small pieces into her house in Hove. Milady has a passion for art which takes her all over the world hunting for new artists, who she then invites to exhibit. Looking at the amazingly diverse artists I would be showing with I thought it would be a great opportunity to give it a go.
The past few weeks have been a blast. The opening night party went on till past four in the morning ( I bailed at a laughable ten past eleven) asking Milady how she did it after starting setting up that day at six am she just said "I come from a different place". So far I haven't sold any of my work. But the opportunity to get out of the workshop, meet the public and try to explain to them and myself what it is I do has been a tonic. Also the South American food and coffee coming out of Milady's kitchen has made hanging out at the house a joy. 
If you are in the area of 12 Langdale Road Hove this weekend come along and I will buy you a cup of the best coffee you have had this side of Caracas.

No comments:

Post a Comment